We hope this notice finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and we are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines as soon as possible. While many things have changed, one thing at Dr. Orzechowski & Arndt’s office has remained the same: our constant commitment to your safety.
As you have surely seen during your visits to our office, infection control has always been our top priority. Our strict processes have consistently made the care you receive at our office both safe and comfortable.
Our team follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This includes standard precautions, hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, disinfection and hospital grade instrument sterilization. While the office has been closed, our team has been working hard to enable us to reopen safely. We will be contacting patients over the next few weeks to schedule your appointments.
At the time of your next appointment, you may see some changes along with our already strict infection control protocols. For example:
- We will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you enter the office and your temperature will be taken upon arrival. We ask you to wear a mask upon arrival to be removed in the treatment area. We will not be providing masks as we will be utilizing them for our patient care.
- We will provide hand sanitizer for you as you enter the office. There will also be hand sanitizer available in the reception area and throughout the office to use as needed.
- You may consider bringing a blanket or jacket as the office will be cooler to accommodate our team’s personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Our reception area will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and other items which cannot be properly disinfected.
- Should you choose, you may wait in your car and be texted when we are ready to bring you directly to the treatment area.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may result in fewer scheduling options for your appointment.
- We will do our best to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
- Our team will be utilizing proper protective gear to insure optimal safety.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in the safest way possible.
Ray Orzechowski & Shannon Arndt DMD and team